Training Your Employees to Save Lives through Simple First Aid18 May 2015, by First Aid Training News in
None of us want to work in an unsafe workplace. However, sometimes emergencies at work can and do occur. What would your employees do in case of an emergency? Would they even know the first steps to take? First aid training can help your employees to respond to various types of emergencies at your workplace. Protrainers UK can help to train your workers in basic first aid tactics. Here, we will tell you more about their first aid classes.
Why is First Aid Important in Your Workplace?
First aid gives workers at all levels the chance to be prepared in case something goes awry. Just like in other safety trainings, you can never be too careful in your workplace. For employers, first aid is yet another failsafe to protect from injuries, accidents, lost wages, lost productivity, and even lawsuits. Especially if you put your workers first, everyone in your employ should be trained in first aid. It just makes sense for the overall health of your workforce! First aid is a great idea for office workers, floor workers, supervisors, and more.
Options for First Aid Courses
Protrainers UK offers courses for employees at all levels of first aid preparation. Our courses range from a half day refresher course to a 3 day intensive session. Refresher courses are only offered for those who have completed first aid training in the past. Choose your course based upon the requirements for your business. Emergency first aid at work is a beginner’s course that fulfills requirements laid out in the Health and Safety regulations 1981. First Aid at Work is a 3 day course that fulfills requirements found in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
What You Can Expect to Learn
What you can expect to learn at these courses depends upon the course you select. Here are some options:
- Learn about first aid for children;
- Learn about basic life support and resuscitation;
- Learn how to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillation) programme;
- Learn how to care for burns, fractures, cuts, heart attacks, injuries to the eyes, bleeding, and common illnesses;
- Learn how to properly dress wounds;
- Find out what to do if someone suddenly loses consciousness;
- Figure out what sorts of reporting that you are required to do after administering first aid;
- Learn about what you can find in a first aid kit and how to properly use it.