Role Evaluation: Crane Supervisor20 May 2014, by Crane Training News in
If you’re interested in working as a Crane Supervisor in the United Kingdom, you should know it’s a career well worth pursuing. There are a number of attractive career opportunities for those who are willing to learn and meet the various background requirements that will be demanded of you.
Crane Supervisor Career Field
Working as a crane supervisor affords a number of lucrative, exciting job opportunities. The work itself can be quite challenging, but it can also be extremely rewarding. There are several things anyone who wishes to pursue a career as a crane supervisor needs to understand:
- In order to work as a crane supervisor, you must have a formidable background in lifting operations already in place.
- A training course can typically be completed in a few days.
- Successfully completing a training course will result in being awarded a NPORS Trained Operator card. You will then be able to move on to the next level.
- Your next step will be to complete the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations. Doing so will give you the NPORS Operator card to work as a crane supervisor.
- The SSSTS course can give you an even stronger educational foundation, which in turn will make you more attractive as a potential employee.
- The Appointed Person course is also an option for those who wish to go even further.
- Examinations for all training programs will consist of theory tests and practical tests.
- A crane supervisor can find employment anywhere in which cranes and similar devices are in use.
- A crane supervisor is required to have an extensive background of both education and experience in the various types of lifting equipment that are used in places like a retail warehouse or store, a haulage deport, a port, an airport, and elsewhere. This is because the supervisor will be responsible for making sure all of the workers on the job site in question are using each piece of lifting equipment safely and properly.
- An understanding of mobile cranes is particularly important for someone who works as a crane supervisor.
This should give you a basic overview of the crane supervisor position. At this point, further research on the matter can give you an indication of whether or not this position is worth exploring on your end. If you’re looking for something to do with your current level of lifting equipment experience, this could be the thing. For more information regarding our Crane Supervisor Training, please contact us today.