Benefits of Forklift Training28 Mar 2016, by Forklift Training News in
Most people who work in warehouses or factories will take their forklift test at some point. However, it’s not always mandatory, and some might choose to avoid obtaining their licence. With that in mind, we wanted to take a look at some of the primary benefits of forklift training for both workers and employers. This infographic should leave you with no illusions about the situation.
- Increased safety. Percentage of workplace accidents associated to forklift trucks: 24%
- Number of fatalities from forklift trucks each year in the UK: 85
- Increased productivity. Research shows that qualified drivers are more productive than untrained forklift operators.
- Better job satisfaction. Workers using forklifts report they are highly satisfied with their jobs. Most give a rating of: 4 out of 5 one the satisfaction scale.
- Damage reduction. Forklift truck training can reduce product and material damages by up to 35%.
- Lower insurance costs. Workplace premiums can decrease by around 5% to 10% when workers receive HSE-quality training.
- Higher earning potential. Workers with forklift training earn around 13% more than their counterparts.
- More job opportunities. There are more than 3,000 warehouses in the UK, and most of them employ forklift drivers.
- Reduced operating costs. Employers using forklifts can reduce their operating costs. That happens because they can move items around their premises faster.
- Forklifts are cost effective. Most will have an operating economic life of around 10,000 to 20,000 hours.